This policy outlines the ways in which Manufacturing Industry Skills Council Pty Ltd ACN 006 441 685 trading as ‘Manufacturing Skills Australia (MSA)’ (“We”) collect, use, disclose, store, secure, manage and dispose of your Personal Information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (“the APP’s”) which have been introduced as a result of the implementation of the following legislation:
- The Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 (Privacy Amendment Act) which made many significant changes to the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act). These changes commenced on 12 March 2014.
- The Privacy Regulation 2013, made under the Privacy Act, also commenced on 12 March 2014.
Where the words “Personal Information” are used in this policy, that expression means information or an opinion that is either specifically about you, or if you are not specifically identified but you are reasonable capable of being identified, irrespective as to:
- whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
The kinds of personal information we collect and hold [APP 1.4(a)]
The kinds of Personal Information we collect from you may vary depending upon the nature of the services we provide to you. Generally, we will collect the following kinds of personal information concerning an individual:
- your name, address and contact details
- your gender
- areas of technical interest under our industry coverage (manufacturing)
- other information which assists us in conducting our core business, providing and marketing our services and products
- meeting our legal obligations.
How we collect and hold your personal information [APP 1.4(b)]
We will collect the majority of your Personal Information from you directly, usually through telephone, email or face to face communication, through your completion of a form, subscription to a mailing list, or any combination of these. We may also however obtain your Personal Information from:
- your employer or colleagues, where a service has been requested by them on your behalf;
- in the case of prospective employees, recruitment agents; and
- third parties who hold mailing lists to which you have subscribed.
We will obtain your consent before contacting any third party for the purposes of collecting your Personal Information.
The purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information [APP 1.4(c)]
We collect, hold, use and disclose your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- providing our core business products and services or contacting you in relation to their development and uptake
- communicate with you for marketing purposes relating to our products and services
- interact with you regarding financial matters, including invoicing and payments
- to help us manage and enhance our services
- to assist us in running our business and perform administrative and operational tasks
- improving the currency of the personal information we hold
- comply with our legal obligations.
How you may access or seek the correction of personal information held by us [APP 1.4(d)]
You may access or seek the correction of any Personal Information held by us by contacting our Privacy Officer on email@example.com or 02 9955 5500. Alternatively, a written request can be forwarded to:
Manufacturing Skills Australia
PO Box 289
North Sydney NSW 2059
How you may complain about a breach of the APP’s by us [APP 1.4(e)]
If at any stage you feel we have breached the APP’s in our collection, use, disclosure, storage, security, management or disposal of your Personal Information, you may lodge a complaint with our Privacy Officer in writing using the contact details available on our website www.mskills.org.au .
We are committed to protecting your privacy and as such we treat all complaints very seriously. Our Privacy Officer will address your concerns with our Chief Executive Officer and contact you to ensure you are satisfied with our proposed resolution. If we do not respond to you within 30 days or you are not satisfied with our response, you are entitled to lodge a “Privacy Complaint Form” with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. Copies of this form and details relating to lodgement are available at: www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/making-a-privacy-complaint
We collect website activity statistics such as the number of visitors, pages visited, time and date of visit and where you accessed our website from, so that we can make informed decisions relating to improving our website and the services we deliver. This information is anonymous and doesn’t identify a person. When you visit our website a cookie is placed on your computer. The cookie does not contain personal information that can identify you, but may contain information about the page you visited on our website. If you do not wish for this to occur, you can remove cookies from your computer, by following the standard procedures applicable to your internet browser.